The period we are living in opens up magnificent opportunities and constant challenges. We prepare our students to be open to the challenges of the period and realize their dreams in the chosen professional activity. The College experience, attention to study quality, a variety of programmes and a dynamic response to changes in the market provide a sound basis to create and spread unique good experience of teaching and learning. Active engagement into the learning process by our students, teachers, administrative staff and diverse partners, enthusiasm fostered by a dialogue, team work and creative communication as well as collaboration warrant our joint successes.
Vilnius Business College started in 1989 as one of the first non-state funded higher education institutions. In 2001 the institution was granted a status of a college – higher non-university institution and a right to grant a state-recognized higher education diploma to its graduates. From 2007 Vilnius Business College is a higher accredited institution entitled to granting professional BA degree. From 2012 College graduates are among most highly valued by employers. From 2013 data of every year show that as much as 92,6 % of graduates become successfully employed, set up or develop their own business. A part of graduates continue studies in national or foreign universities and colleges. Starting with 2013 up till now Vilnius Business College is rated No. 1 according to added value created by the graduates and employers‘ assessment. In 2014 College activity received a positive evaluation from international experts and upon the decision by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education Vilnius Business College has been accredited for the maximum period.
From 2013 College successfully entered international markets through running international studies in Russian and English languages, which by now have attracted students from 22 countries such as Belarus, Estonia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazachstan, Turkey, Nigeria, Angola, Brazil, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Iran…
Our academic community is creative, diligent, actively participating in College activities. College management is based on the innovative project-based organization business model and team work. Such principles of work enable us to promptly respond to challenges, be flexible and attentive, make use of our strengths, attract the best specialists of their field, also to provide high-quality study services.
Qualified specialists are employed to run the study programmes offered by the College, guests and visiting lectures from abroad often arrive. A lot of teachers are practitioners, directly conveying their knowledge to students: among these are business consultants, company directors, economists, financists, lawyers, computer game creators, IT specialists, sociologists, psychologists, specialists of foreign languages. All teachers have no lesser degree than MA, a part of them are PhDs of various fields of sciences, having academic titles of Associate Professors or Professors.
College administration sets an example of team work, inspiring all the community for purposeful and productive work. Optimism, creativity and a different approach to challenges is the basis of our activities, whose result may be defined in one sentence by our employees, teaching staff and students – „It‘s good to be here“.
Departments are professional teams that carry out specific applied scientific and study activities; they supervise groups of certain scientific and study fields: business and management, humanitarian and IT.
Economics and Business Department is responsible for the study programmes of Business Management and Marketing, Logistics Business, Tourism and Events. It supervises studies and conduct applied scientific research in business and related functions. The team of the Department consists of practical training and research conducting academic staff, who foster awareness of business and cultivation of entrepreneurship competences in all students.
- Business Management and Marketing
- Logistics Business
- Tourism and Events
The IT Department is responsible for study programmes of Programming and Internet Technologies, Interactive Media and Technologies and Game Design. The topics of research conducted by the Department – IT and IT application. The team of the Department consists of practical training and research conducting staff who acquaint students with cutting-edge information technologies and their application.
- Programming and Internet Technologies
- Interactive Media and Technologies
- Game Design
The Foreign Languages Department is responsible for studies of foreign languages and their application in various fields. The topics of applied research conducted by the Department – linguistics (English language). The team of the Department consists of foreign languages specialists who encourage students to expand their knowledge of foreign languages and undestand challenges of the global world.
- English and International Communication
Since 2004 Vilnius Business College has been an active participant in project-based activities in international as well as national programmes and initiatives. College department of project-based activities initiates new projects, successfully coordinates them and also participates as a partner. Project results are successfully integrated into study programmes, foster study quality improvement, international collaboration among education institutions, creation and implementation of novelties.
Currently Vilnius Business College participates in the following international projects:
- EUROSOL / https://www.facebook.com/groups/eurosol/
- UNITY IN DIVERSITY / languages4all.eu
- EUcom4U / https://www.facebook.com/Eucom4u /The project “European Union: common past, present and future for you” (EUcom4U) with 6 partner countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Portugal, Lithuania).The project is aimed at enhancing awareness and knowledge of Europe’s common historical experience, commemorating and celebrating major 20th century the European Union’s development events in the partner countries, with a special focus on young people under 30.ABOUT WHAT?The main theme of all the events taking place is PEACE and UNITY.WHAT WILL BE DONE?In 2020-2021, 6 major educational events are planned in Madrid (Spain), Rome (Italy), Lisbon (Portugal), Potsdam (Germany), Vilnius (Lithuania) and Weliko Tarnowo (Bulgaria).The main themes of the events:
- The Hague Congress and the Schuman Declaration with the idea of Unity
- 1957 – Beginning of the European Economic Community
- 1979 – First direct elections to the European Parliament
- 1990 – German Unification (Fall of the Berlin Wall)
- 2004 – Enlargement of the European Union (New Member States) – event will be organized in Vilnius Business College, 11-13 November 2020.
- 2000 – Charter of Fundamental Human Rights
- PROVYP (Professional Orientation of Vulnerable Young People) / 2015-2017 / http://provyp.eu/lt/
- IDEATE (Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurial Application for Transforming Education in High Technologies) / 2013-2016 / http://ideate.me
- LLO (Opportunities for language learning in order to minimize unemployment risk) / 2012-2014 / www.language-learning-opportunities.com
- ADUQUA (Ensuring quality of adult migrants‘ integration training) / 2011-2014 / www.aduqua.eu
- RELESE (Reintegration into job market through enhancing entrepreneurship skills) / 2010-2012 / www.relese.eu
- Learning in the digital age: teaching adult teachers through implementing blended learning modules / 2010-2011
- In Charge of My World (Blended module of learning English (A2/B1) for adults) / 2009-2010
- 4 E-trainer (a website for an E-teacher – valorization of best e-learning examples among European teachers and professors) / 2009-2011 / 2006-2008
- ICT4T (ICT4T – ICT preparation for teachers working with elder people) / 2006-2008
- EIT* (E-learning module – teaching English to IT specialists) / 2006-2008 / www.english-it.eu
(*in 2009 quality award was granted)